Mar 12, 2015

MINT LEAVES CHUTNEY/PUDHINA CHUTNEY

I love the fresh flavour of mint/pudhina leaves.My hubby does not like mint leaves.He always says that some medicnal smell comes from mint leaves.If I prepare mint leaves chutney I have to eat all by myself.
But most of the times when I go for shopping I will find only dried mint leaves. Recently when I got a bunch of fresh mint I decided to make pudhina rice but my hubby was running back on hearing this. so I skipped that idea and made mint chutney.Already I have posted a version of mint chutney with coconut. This is another version.
INGREDIENTS
Mint leaves
1 cup
Big Onion
1
Tomato
2
Ginger
½ tsp
Green chilly
 2
Tamarind
A small goose berry size
Turmeric powder
A pinch
Coconut
½ cup
Oil   
1 Tsp
Salt
To Taste
STEP BY STEP PICTURES
Wash the mint leaves,Chop onion,tomato,green chilly,ginger.
In a kadai heat oil and add onion,tomato,green chilly,ginger.
Then add tamarind,turmeric powder,salt.Lastly add mint leaves.
When the mint leaves shrink in volume switch off the flame and add the coconut.
Allow it to cool down  and grind it to a fine paste.
Transfer to a serving bowl.
Serve with hot idlies.

No comments:

Post a Comment