Dec 15, 2012

CORN SUNDAL


    I am sure nobody will say no to any type of sundal . The usual way of preparing any type of sundal is to pressure cook and to temper it  & finally adding coconut. But I want to make this sundal a bit spicier  I love to have corns as snack. Here I get frozen sweet corn which will have a sweetness taste. I wanted to try spicier version with that.

INGREDIENTS

FROZEN CORN
1 Cup
CHANNA DHAL
1 Tsp
RED CHILLY
2
CORAINDER SEEDS/POWDER
1 Tsp
COCONUT
1 Tsp
MUSTARD
¼ Tsp
URAD DHAL
¼ Tsp
CURRY LEAVES (optional)
Few
OIL
1 Tsp
SALT
To taste

STEP BY STEP PICTURES

DSCN1378
Pressure  cook the frozen corn by adding water (just to immerse add water) upto 2 or 3 whistles or until it is soft.

DSCN1376
Dry roast red chilly,channa dhal. I had corainder powder so I used as such. If not you should dry roadt corainder seeds.Grind it to a coarse powder.

Heat oil in a kadai.Add mustard seeds,urad dhal.curry leaves,red chilly.

DSCN1383
Drop the corn into the kadai.

DSCN1385
Add the grounded spice powder.

DSCN1386
Give a quick stir.Add grated coconut,salt.

Transfer it to a bowl. Fresh corn can also be used.

Enjoy with coffee/ tea.
NOTES
  • You can store the grounded spice powder and use it for arachuvitta samabar.
  • If you don't like spiciness  skip that part and you can have by just tempering and adding coconut.


No comments:

Post a Comment