Dec 4, 2012

RAVA UPMA

DSCN0996
         The food which I hate in my hostel was RAVA/SEMIYA UPMA. I will fast on those mornings. My friends also will run from the mess hall when seeing this upma in kali form. My mom makes rawa upma often. I love that one. After my marriage when I started to do  rawa upma I always end up im forming lumps. So I was thinking that making rawa upma is a tedious task. When I found the where I went wrong was stirring continuosly when water boils while adding rawa.Either I would put rawa before boiling stage is reached or sometimes I will not do continous stirring.

INGREDIENTS

RAWA
1 Cup
ONION
1 No
CARROT
1 No
PEAS
½ Cup
GREEN CHILLY
1 No
WATER
2 Cups
MUSTARD
¼ Tsp
URAD DHAL
¼ Tsp
SALT
To Taste
OIL
1 Tbsp
  


STEP BY STEP PICTURES

DSCN0978
Dry roast the rava until nice aroma comes out.

DSCN0979
Chop carrots,onions.Slit the green chilly.I used froxen peas.

DSCN0981
Heat oil in a Kadai. Add Mustard seeds,Urad dhal,Curry leaves.(i did not have it),Green Chilly,Onions.

DSCN0983
Add the Carrot and fry for 3 mins

DSCN0986
Then add the Green Peas,Salt.

DSCN0987
Add 2 Cups of water and allow it to boil

DSCN0988
When it starts to boil add Roasted rava. Keep on stirring to avoid forming of lumps forming.

DSCN0989
Now keep the flame in low.

DSCN0990
Cover it with a lid and cook for 3 to 4 mins.

DSCN0992
Check whether it is cooked

DSCN0994
It is ready to eat.

DSCN0997
Serve hot.

DSCN0999
You can have with chutney.

NOTES
  • You can replace Ghee with oil
  • Vegetables are purely your choice
  • If you want in a kichadi type, cooked thoor dhal can be added at the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment