Feb 10, 2013

ALOO PARATHA

DSCN3671
         My mom makes only Chapatti. She prepares only South Indian dishes. After my marriage I started to try Aloo Paratha. My stuffing will always ooze out & I will mess the entire area. Later on I did not try for some time. Now I saw Rak's video which helped me & some how I got the confidence in rolling it out & I tried today. Yeah I was able to roll out well. My Sister In Law (She is in Delhi) will prepare all stuffed parathas. I should learn from her when I meet her the next time.My Hubby says that she is an expert in rolling out the parathas. I will update this post soon with the step by step pics.

INGREDIENTS

Stuffing masala

BOLIED & MASHED POTATO
3
TURMERIC POWDER
A Pinch
CORIANDER  LEAVES
Few
RED CHILLY POWDER
1 Tbsp
SALT
To Taste


To make the Dough
WHEAT FLOUR
1 Cup
SALT, WARM WATER
As Required
OIL
1 Tsp

Knead the dough & let it rest for 30 mins.

Smash the potatoes without any lumps. (You can also grate it). Add Salt,Turmeric powder,Corainder leaves,Red chilly powder. Mix well & prepare small balls out of it.

Make balls out of the dough.

Take a ball & roll it thick. Place the stuffing & gather all the corners towards the center.Seal it & flatten it using your hands.

Now carefully roll it out without applying pressure.

Make it thin & evenly spread it out. 

Enjoy with Curd,Pickle.


DSCN3670

1 comment:

  1. Wholesome meal... Thanks for linking it to my event!! Looking for more yummy recipes!!
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - Tried and Tasted - Raks Kitchen
    Ongoing Event - Know Your Dairy - Cheese
    Ongoing Event - Dish it out - Lentils & Garlic

    ReplyDelete