Feb 9, 2013

BEETROOT PORIYAL

DSCN3778
    The most hated vegetable by me is  Beetroot. Though it is high in nutritional value I hate it. My mom never buys Beetroot. Once in a bluemoon she buys it and prepares Beetroot vadai. But my hubby loves Beetroot. So I decided to prepare for him once in a month. I started to do Beetroot Kola,Vadai,Poriyal. But still I have not tried out Beetroot Soup. I am thinking that I should try once .(At least for my post).

INGREDIENTS
BEETROOT
2
ONION
1
SAMBAR POWDER
1.5 Tsp
COCONUT
1 Tsp
SALT
To Taste
OIL
1 Tbsp

To Temper
MUSTARD SEEDS
½ Tsp
URAD DHAL
½ Tsp
CUMIN SEEDS
½ Tsp
OIL
2 Tsp

STEP BY STEP PICTURES

DSCN3676
Wash & peel the skin of Beetroot. Chop it into small pieces.

DSCN3686
In a kadai heat oil add the items given under the "To Temper" table. Then add the onions & fry it.

DSCN3688
Add the chopped Beetroot.

DSCN3689
Mix well & add 1/2 Cup of water.

DSCN3691
Keep it covered for 5 mins.

DSCN3699
Now add the Sambar powder,Salt.

DSCN3701
Stir well.

DSCN3705
Add the Grated coconut.

DSCN3718
That's it.

1 comment: