Feb 6, 2013

POTATO CURRY

DSCN2694

      Rasam with Potato curry will make a complete meal on lazy days. (I had with Okra More Kulambu). This is a simple & basic recipe. It comes in handy for Bachelors Cooking. This was the only dish which I know to prepare before marriage. I learnt to prepare Potato fry from my mom because when my parents are out of station,I will do this Potato curry with curd rice for me & my Brother. Ok no more stories. Going on to this recipe

INGREDIENTS

POTATO
3 - 4
ONION
1
SAMBHAR POWDER
1.5 Tsp
TURMERIC POWDER
A Pinch
MUSTARD SEEDS,URAD DHAL
1 Tsp
GINGER GARLIC PASTE
1 Tsp
SALT
To Taste
OIL
1 Tbsp

STEP BY STEP PICTURES

DSCN2656
Pressure cook the Potato. Peel the skin & cut into small pieces. Slice the Onions,Ginger,Garlic into fine pieces. (You can use Ginger Garlic paste)

DSCN2662
Heat oil in a Kadai & add Mustard seeds,Urad dhal,Ginger,Garlic.

DSCN2665
Fry the onions until it turns transparent.

DSCN2666
Now add the Potatoes.

DSCN2668
Add Sambar powder,Turmeric powder,Salt.

DSCN2669
Sprinkle little water & mix well.

DSCN2677
Cook until the masala blends well with Potato.

DSCN2683
Spicy Potato Curry is ready.


1 comment:

  1. So good and so tempting!!! Please update the links... Thanks for linking it to my event!! Looking for more yummy recipes!!
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - Tried and Tasted - Raks Kitchen
    Ongoing Event - Know Your Dairy - Cheese
    Ongoing Event - Dish it out - Lentils & Garlic

    ReplyDelete