Feb 9, 2013

RAVA IDLY


DSCN3574
                     Whenever I visit India & during my return I will surely buy MTR Rava Idly,MTR Rava Dosai Mix. I think nobody can beat them in their products. Once I have tried my own version (without adding Baking Soda) Rava Idlies turned hard. So I made up my mind not to take risk at home. It is better to go with MTR mix. Today I was thinking to try Rava Idly (After 3 years) and if it works out good,let me then try Oats idly. It came out well on seeing that I was very happy.

INGREDIENTS

RAVA
1 Cup
CURD
½ Cup
LEMON JUICE
1 Tsp
CASHEWNUTS
Few
BAKING SODA
½ Tsp
SALT
To Taste
OIL
1 Tbsp

To Temper

MUSTARD SEEDS
½ Tsp
URAD DHAL
½ Tsp
CHANNA DHAL
½ Tsp
GREEN CHILLY
3
GINGER
1 Inch Piece
CHOPPED CARROT
Few

STEP BY STEP PICTURES

DSCN2912
In a Kadai heat oil & add the items given under " To Temper " table.

DSCN2916
Now the Rava & mix well. Fry for 2 mins.

DSCN2923
Allow it to cool down.

DSCN3549
Add Curd & mix well.

DSCN3554
Then add Lemon Juice,Salt.

DSCN3555
 Add little water to make it like Idly batter. Let it rest for 5 mins.

DSCN3557
Heat the Idly pot .Now add Baking soda to the batter and mix well.

DSCN3560
Place an  roasted Cashew nut in the Idly plates & pour the batter.

DSCN3579
 Steam it & remove when it is done. Serve with Chutney,Sambar.

DSCN3590DSCN3584
I wanted to show the pores inside the Idly. But I could not do justice to the pictures.

NOTES

  • Eno fruit salt can also be added instead of baking Soda.
  • Grated carrot,Shredded Coconut can also be used as toppings.
  • Frozen Peas can also be used.
  • After adding Eno Fruit Salt, do not allow the batter to rest. Immediately transfer to Idly plates.

1 comment:

  1. Picture perfect Idli!!! delicious and mouthwatering!!! Thanks for linking it to my event!! Looking for more yummy recipes!!
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - Tried and Tasted - Raks Kitchen
    Ongoing Event - Know Your Dairy - Cheese
    Ongoing Event - Dish it out - Lentils & Garlic

    ReplyDelete