Jan 4, 2013

BEANS USILI

DSCN1864
       Beans usili is a great combo for Mor Kulambu. I had tasted only Kothavarangai Usili which my Mother in law prepared for me. Once when I was talking to my Friend cum Sister in law (Swarna) told that she prepared Beans usili for lunch. It was strange to me and I asked her "will it taste good?". She told me "why not?". She told me to try out immediately and say my feed back. Now I am preparing this often. Ok going on to the receipe

INGREDIENTS

FINELY CHOPPED BEANS
1 Cup
TOOR DHAL
½ Cup
CHANNA DHAL
½ Cup
DRY RED CHILLY
2 - 3
SOMBU
¼ Tsp
ASAFOETIDA
A Pinch
ONION
1
MUSTARD SEEDS
¼ Tsp
URAD DHAL
¼ Tsp
SALT
To Taste
OIL
2 Tbsp

STEP BY STEP PICTURES

DSCN1825
Soak the dhals for 2 hrs. Drain water & keep aside.

DSCN1824
In a mixie jar add Sombu,Dry red chilly, Salt, Asafoetida, Ginger(optional).Grind it then add the dhals without adding water to a coarse paste.

DSCN1816
Chop the Beans finely.

DSCN1830
Grease the Idly plate with oil. Now place the beans,Dhal mixture in the idly plate.

DSCN1831
Steam it for 10 mins.

DSCN1839
Allow the steamed dhal mixture to cool.Then grind in pulse mode.

DSCN1852
You should get crumbled pieces.

DSCN1856
In a kadai heat oil add mustard seeds,urad dhal,onion,steamed beans.Fry it for few mins.

DSCN1858
Now add the dhal mixture.Give a quick stir.Add salt. Mix both beans,dhal together.

eaDSCN1862
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTES
I steamed beans in order to reduce cooking time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment