Jan 28, 2013

RAVA DOSAI

DSCN2904
        Whenever  I go to restaurants , I will order Rava Dosai. I love the thin crispy dosai which is served by the restaurants. Usually I buy MTR Rava Dosai mix and prepare crispy rava dosai. When I tried to prepare of my own,it did not come out well. Recently I found this recipe from Rak's kitchen, I got perfectly the taste,texture of Rava Dosai.

INGREDIENTS

RAVA
1 Cup
RICE FLOUR
1 Cup
MAIDA FLOUR
½ Cup
ONION
1
GREEN CHILLY
2
GINGER
1 Inch
SALT
To Taste
MUSTARD SEEDS
¼ Tsp
URAD DHAL
¼ Tsp
CUMIN SEEDS
¼ Tsp
PEPPER
¼ Tsp

STEP BY STEP PICTURES

DSCN2885
Take Rice flour,Rava,Maida in a wide bowl. Chop the Ginger,Green chilly,Onion into fine pieces.

DSCN2888
Add water,salt into flour & mix it. Keep it for 10 mins.

DSCN2890
In a Kadai heat oil add Mustard seeds,Urad dhal,Cumin seeds,Pepper,Green chilly,Ginger,Onion & fry it. Pour it into batter.

DSCN2893
The  batter should be watery to get crispy dosai. Add salt.

DSCN2894
In a dosa pan pour the batter from outside to inside or you can aslo sprinkle the batter. No need to fill the holes. Drizzle oil.

DSCN2897
Flip it & remove it when it turns golden brown.

DSCN2903
Serve with Tomato chutney/Sambar.


1 comment:

  1. lovely breakfast and tiffin item!!! perfectly done!! Thanks for linking it to my event!! Looking for more yummy recipes!!
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - Tried and Tasted - Raks Kitchen
    Ongoing Event - Know Your Dairy - Cheese
    Ongoing Event - Dish it out - Lentils & Garlic

    ReplyDelete